A View Inside:
With the renowned Blue Ridge Mountains in the background, Caledonia Farm Bed and Breakfast offers its guests a beautiful setting. Scenic pasturelands are surrounded by stone fences. The federal style home and companion summer kitchen were completed in 1812. The two-foot thick stone walls and thirty two -foot long beams have remained intact. Mantels, paneled windows and wide pine floors are all original. Restoration was completed in 1965. This Virginia historic landmark is preserved in perpetuity.
The winter kitchen's huge fireplace provides a delightful atmosphere during cool seasons. Three porches and a patio offer a variety of views in the warmer months. Guest rooms feature fine double beds, period furnishings and modern comforts. Photos are of honeymoon suite down and up.
It is called Caledonia, the mythological name for Scotland, to honor the original immigrants to this magnificent area. The open space character of the English/Irish countryside remains virtually unspoiled yet today in America's Rappahannock County, Virginia.
- Smoking: only outside.
- Children under 12 and pets are invited elsewhere.
- Physical and dietary needs are respected.
- Check in: 10-6 and check out: Noon
- Mailing Address: 47 Dearing Rd. Flint Hill, Virginia 22627
- Washington, DC 68 miles. Washington, VA 4 miles.
- Member: Bed & Breakfast Association of Virginia and Chamber of Commerce.
- Five Globes (International Inn Society) '89
- #1 overall in Virginia (Innovations, Inc.) '92
- Top AAA ('93-'94)
- All major guidebooks
- 15 national magazines
- 17 major newspapers
- 8 cookbooks
- 3 CD-Roms
"I didn't know such hospitality still existed."
"You were the only innkeeper who spent time talking with us."
"Beautiful Place! Everything comes together here."
"Your unexpected extras were a delightful surprise."
"We've stayed at many B&B's. This is, by far, the best."
"We'll be back."